WEDNESDAY MAY 6th, BALI YOGA MORNING with Beate
TODAY WE WILL WORK ON STAYING POSITIVE
HOW TO DEAL WITH NEGATIVE THOUGHTS, DREAMS, PEOPLE & ENERGIES
Sutra 2.33: vitarka-bādhane pratipakṣa-bhāvanam
When disturbed by negative thoughts, opposite [positive] ones may be thought of
• Create white light in and around you through yoga, meditation& prayer. when you wake up and before you go to bed (daily sadhana)
• Do not dwell on the negatives for too long. Recognize it, accept it (better than running or fighting it) and then consciously move away from it. Pratipaksha Bhavana is cultivating positive thought every time a negative thought enters the mind. Pratipaksha means opposite. Bhavana means “emotion/ sentiment.” Instead of worrying about Trump focus on Buddha; instead of worrying about sickness, focus on health, worrying about weight gain focus on healthy food and exercise.
• Do not speak publicly about your problems, illnesses or worries .The more energy you put into what is wrong in your life, the more it will persist. Vent your feelings once in a while with someone who is wise and experienced and take positive steps towards changing yourself – self-development (swahyaya)
• Change the way you talk to yourself and about others
Avoid phrases such as: “I’m so stupid. I am so sick; I don’t know how I’m going to get through all this!“Instead, use positive affirmations: “I‘m finding a way. I’m doing the best I can. I’m doing little better every day!” Gossiping, complaining, criticizing and jealousy work the opposite way, they make you feel and look bad. How do you want to feel? Work on your self-development instead of blaming yourself and others.
- Let go of the past and be in the now–what can you do now?
- You can say NO or say “oh let me think about it, I get back to you” or harbour resentment. Honour your needs
- Smile and laugh each day -turn the corners of your mout up, fake it til you make it
- Exercise to remove negativity – move your body/ blockages, dance!
- Clear your space, your head and choose your company wisely!
- Limit negative news and radiations, commercials on TV, hp and social media
- Be thankful – practice gratitude seeing what’s good instead of what’s missing